I walked up to the door which Natalie answered and Jamie was behind her. I knew who Natalie was and how many animals she had and who was Jamie and she had one dog. I think it is very good to know about people especially when they put it into writing on their website for you to get a feel for who they really are as a person. The ladies began to tell about how they meet, who long the had been in there location, how they had renovated the space. The walls are beautifully decorated with their work. They began to show the various albums and how their process for getting clients work.
They have this one photo album that was full of surprises because the pages were folded within themselves. I joked that I was going to have to renew my vows with my husband just so I could have that photo album. They loved the idea of me renewing my vows and so does our daughter so she can be the flower girl. It was my most favorite album out of all of them. I loved how when they took pictures that couples really did look like they were posing in some of the pictures. They have this one pictures that they took with infrared and it looks like there is snow on the trees and ground (Awesome picture).They gave me a tour of their studio which which used to be a shoe store and there were apartments upstairs. It took them 2 years to renovate but boy it is a beautiful studio. The upstairs is for photo shots which they created a headboard which I want to take a picture in front of when I get my shots done. I must tell you they are mid to high range (starting at $2,500) in cost as photographers but they are worth the cost. When you are rating what is most important to you and if photography is ranked very high than please contact Natalie and Jamie at Borrowed Blue Photography. I am looking forward to working with these ladies in the coming months. Here is a link to there blog posts so you can get a sample of their work.http://borrowedblue.wordpress.com/category/annapolis/
When you start looking at photographers make sure they are someone that you can connect with and their work gives you the feel you want to have for your photo album. There should be several questions that you ask a photographer when you set up an appointment . These are pictures that you will have to share with you children and their children. Here are a few important questions that I thinking brides and grooms should ask photographers:
- Do you have my date available? Ask this over the phone so that you do waste their time or yours with an appointment.
- How many years have you been a photographer?
- How many photographers will be taking pictures at my wedding? How much more for a 2nd photographer?
- How much of a deposit is required?
- Do you have to pay traveling expense if your wedding is more than 100 or more miles from their location?
- Can you set up a payment schedule? If you can pay them something every month than you do not feel so overwhelmed about money.
- Do you shoot in digital or film format?
- Do you shoot in color and black and white ? If only color than how much more for black and white photos?